After you get your first iPhone, many people have the mental debate of whether they want to invest in an iPhone case or not. Most argue that they would like to flaunt their shiny new Apple toy without hiding its logo, while others are of the opinion that the phone’s safety is the first order of business.
If you too find yourself in this dilemma, then here are a couple of reasons you should consider buying a case for your Apple iPhone.
- Protection - starting with the obvious, the case will definitely keep your phone protected and ensure it doesn’t get cracked or scratched if something happens.
- Style statement - having an iPhone is cool enough, but flaunting a unique and retro phone case on it is even cooler!
- Multifunctional - phone cases these days aren’t just that and have evolved to so much more. Many cases double as portable power banks or wallets. Some even have a retractable keyboard!
- Differentiation - when many people who use Apple phones hang out together you can get confused and mistakenly take someone else’s phone. Phone cases make for a great way to differentiate and pick your phone from the crowd easily.
The reason to get an iPhone case is simple and if you are convinced you need a new phone case or cover immediately then there are some things you should consider when buying a case.
- Kind of case - as discussed above, there are a number of functions your case can have and you need to think and determine which is the most useful to you.
- Thickness - while some cases have been designed to look sleek, others feature a bulky exterior for extra protection. Depending on your need, pick the kind that suits you more.
- The material of the case - the sheer variety of cases in the market will baffle you and you can find a range of materials like silicon, leather, plastic, and many more.
- Required port cut outs - make sure to check the case you are buying has the required lightning port and headphone jack cutouts that are required.
- Heaviness - different materials and designs of the case will weigh differently, so before you pick a case for your phone try it on and see if it feels too much.